CfP: DH Conference: Resources, Methods, and Research (Perm, 18-19 May)
Place: Perm, Russia
Dates: 16-18 May 2017
Deadline for proposal and visa invitation documents: 9 March 2017
Deadline for papers: 1 April 2017
From 16 to 18 May 2017 Perm State University in cooperation with the Russian Association "History and Computing" holds the International scientific conference "Digital humanities: resources, methods, and research".
The conference will be held as a part of the Perm Natural Science forum.
The theme of the International Conference "Digital Humanities: Resources, Methods, and Research" is dedicated to the Digital Humanities, modern interdisciplinary direction, which is connected with both the use of information technology in specific areas of the humanities and the development of common approaches and methods.
Perm State University and the Russian Association "History and Computing» invite submissions on any aspect of digital humanities. These include, but is not limited to:
- Social, institutional, global, multicultural and linguistic aspects of digital humanities.
- Information technologies in historical research, historical information science, and digital history.
- Computational linguistics, textology and textometry.
- Digital technology in sociocultural practices.
- Digital technologies in the preservation, study and visualization of historical and cultural heritage. Digital archives, museums, libraries.
- Digital art, architecture, music, cinema, theater, electronic literature, art practices.
- Presentation of projects and resources.
The conference is supported by Russian Foundation for Basic Research (grant 17-06-20071 G).
Proposals and papers
The theme of your proposal and personal information (position, institution, degree) should be sent to the organizing committee e-mail: email@example.com till 9 of March 2017.
Papers in English or Russian (5000 characters including spaces, preferably without tables, diagrams or illustrations), the annotation (100-200 words) and keywords should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org till 1 of April 2017. Recommended template is given here (only in Russian, not mandatory).
If you need a visa to visit Russia, please fill and sign the application form, assure the signature by a stamp of the organization where you work. Send the digital copy of this form (scan) and the digital copy of the first page of your passport to email@example.com till 9 of March 2017. These documents are required for registration of a formal invitation, which is necessary for visa to Russia.
The application form must be completed in English. Translation of the application form points see below:
- Full name (as in passport)
- Date and place of birth (country, exact place of birth)
- Series and number of passport of a foreign citizen
- Date of issue and expiry date of passport
- Full home address
- Place of work / study - full name and exact address
- Travel dates (to the Russian Federation)
- Place of obtaining a Russian visa - country, city (where there is a Russian consulate)
- Cities to visit in Russia
If you have any difficulties in filling out the application form or its translation, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.