10th Italian Research Conference on Digital Libraries - IRCDL 2014 Padua, 30-31 January 2014
Another focus of IRCDL 2014 is on the profound change that is happening on the world of scientific communication, where the object of scientific communication is no longer a linear text, although digital, but an object-centric network that consists of text, data, images, videos, blogs, etc. This change is likely to change the nature and the role of the Digital Library and its relationship with the thematic data center. It is vitally important that this change is presented and discussed at IRCDL 2014.
The aim of IRCDL 2014 is once more to provide the opportunity to explore new ideas, techniques, and tools, and to exchange experiences also from on-going projects.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Formal and methodological foundations of digital libraries
- DL Architectures and infrastructures
- System interoperability and data integration
- Ontologies and linked data for digital libraries
- Metadata creation, management, and curation
- User interfaces and visualisation
- Information Access, Usability, and Personalization
- Long-term preservation
- Collaborative and adaptive environments
- Social networking and networked information
- Quality and evaluation of digital libraries
- Digital libraries for education and learning
- Digital libraries for the evaluation of research quality and scholarly
- impact (bibliometric indicators, citation analysis, ...)
- Exploitation of digital cultural heritage collections
- Semantic publishing and digital libraries
- Linking data to publications
- New models for scholarly publishing
Papers should be submitted electronically as a PDF file at:
Submissions must be formatted according to Authors Instructions for Springer-Verlag LNCS Proceedings. Accepted papers in PDF format will be published in on-line proceedings (max 12 pages) at the time of the conference and presented at the conference. After the conference some selected authors will be invited to submit a revised version of their paper for a possible inclusion in the post-proceedings volume. The revised version of each paper must take into account the suggestions and the comments received during the discussion at the conference; the revised versions are going to be reviewed by at least two reviewers.
Acceptance Notification: January 10, 2014 Registration deadline: January 17, 2014 Conference: January 30-31, 2014 Revised Version Submission: March 28, 2014 Post-proceedings Publication: by Logistics IRCDL 2014 will will be held in the Aula Magna “A. Lepschy” of the Department of Information Engineering (DEI) of the University of Padua, via
G. Gradenigo 6/b - 35131 Padova, Italy.
Acceptance Notification: January 10, 2014 Registration deadline: January 17, 2014
Conference: January 30-31, 2014
Revised Version Submission: March 28, 2014 Post-proceedings Publication: by
IRCDL 2014 will will be held in the Aula Magna “A. Lepschy” of the Department of Information Engineering (DEI) of the University of Padua, via